We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics! Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
JOB SUMMARY The Base Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) Roamer Float is responsible for the daily airworthiness and safety of Company operated aircraft and articles in an assigned geographic territory of bases as assigned, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Aircraft records systems knowledge required.
• Aircraft maintenance planning experience required
• Ability to plan and coordinate scheduled and preventative maintenance plan and forecast aircraft downtime in coordination with Regional Maintenance Manager.
• Valid and Current FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) Certificate required.
• Valid Drivers License in State where employed and proof of liability insurance.
• Valid and Current FAA Inspection Authorization required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Entails exposure to indoor and outdoor weather conditions, may be exposed to loud aircraft noise, fumes, gasses, odors, dust particles and mechanical/electrical and chemical hazards.
• Must be acceptable in accordance with the FAA drug and alcohol testing program
• Utilize visual acuity to read technical information, use hands to finger, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Perform activities requiring a moderate amount of standing, sitting, and walking.
• Capable of lifting 50lbs.
• Responds to the needs of those served and demonstrates concern for meeting those needs.
• Tailors each interaction to the specific needs of the person and/or situation.
• Responds quickly, safely and efficiently to problems that arise while providing service and/or leadership.
• Demonstrates consistent, clear and positive interpersonal communication.
• Is receptive, responsive and realistic.
• Provides timely, constructive feedback that contributes to others' development (each member must demonstrate a commitment to help each other succeed).
• Takes responsibility for individual and team actions, decisions and results.
• Measures progress against agreed upon plans and stated goals.
• Dedicated to team success.
• Performs work with high quality and excellence.
• Dependable and delivers on established timelines.
• Thinks broadly when seeking new ways to improve performance, processes and services.
• Seeks out and utilizes best practices.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
If your passion is flying and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled
PLEASE NOTE: COVID-19 vaccination is NOT a condition of employment, or for consideration for employment with the GMR Family of Companies. However, upon acceptance of offer and joining the GMR family, you will be required to submit your COVID-19 vaccination status of either vaccinated or not vaccinated.