Job Description Summary : Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
Patient Placement Coordinator (also know as a Transfer Center Coordinator Trainee) is responsible for receiving and coordinating emergency and non-emergency patient transfer and transport requests via air or ground ambulance. Transfer Center Coordinators will routinely interact with both external and internal customers, including but not limited to: hospital personnel, physicians, administrators, transport vendors and other key personnel by performing the following duties.
Answer emergency and non-emergency transport telephone lines and coordinate all requests for transfer and transport promptly, courteously and demonstrating a high degree of customer service.
Respond appropriately applying discretion and independent judgment to a variety of requests in order to their best:
• Ability to gather pertinent information to process patient transfer requests and arranging transportation
• Ability to demonstrate compliance with all established policies and procedures as they apply to the coordination of patient referral and transport.
• Ability to learn and comply with local EMS policies, procedure, processes, and protocols.
• Ability to learn and demonstrate applicable knowledge of EMTALA and Title regulations pertaining to transfer center request.
• Ability to learn and demonstrate coordination with Physicians, Case Managers, and facility staff to effectively document consults and transfer requests
• Ability to learn and demonstrate process requests for critical MD to MD consults and transfer requests for contracted facilities
• Ability to track and monitors location and status of ground and air ambulances in relation to patient transfer requests.
• Develops high degree of familiarity with client service area geography and medical facilities.
• Prioritize tasks, adhere to deadlines, and provide status updates on assigned projects
Ability to learn to operate technical equipment components necessary for the performance of job duties, including but not limited to:
• Integrated telephone system
• Computer Aided Dispatch System
• Computer database maintenance and integrity
• Mapping systems
Communicates professionally and effectively with:
• Transport Vendors
• Transfer Centers
• Complete all cad documentation with appropriate notes and times
• Grammar and spelling checked
Obtains patient demographic documentation:
• Face sheet/labs/diagnostic studies/physician notes and consultations
• Insurance information
Participates in quality assurance (QA) and Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) programs.
• Preferred 6 months to 1 year prior experience in the health care environment
• Preferred 1 year customer service experience
• EMS dispatch experience preferred
• Knowledge of medical terminology required
• Computer based phone systems, VOIP/Digital
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Two year degree in related field preferred
• Current or previously held EMT certification, Medical Assistant, Case Manager or equivalent education/experience preferred
• Must successfully pass the all tests associated with the PTRC internal training program.
• Typing – Minimum 35/WPM net
• Working knowledge of basic office equipment
• Proficient in PC based applications such as, but not limited to Microsoft Office
• Computer Aided Dispatch experience preferred.
• Able to maintain professionalism and effectiveness in high stress situations
• Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision
• Must be able to work as an integral part of a cohesive, fast paced and productive team
• Excellent oral and written communications
• Critical listening skills
• Problem solving and conflict resolution
AATC Specific Training Academy:
• All new hires must successfully attend and complete a scheduled AATC training academy. Upon completion of the AATC training academy, the Transfer Center Coordinator Trainee will be required to pass a formal skills proficiency assessment and a written exit evaluation with 80% or greater accuracy, within 6 months of hire.
• Passing of these standard AATC training academy exit evaluations is a requirement to continue on-the-job training and progressive duty assignments as a Transfer Center Coordinator Trainee. | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Individual is frequently required to sit or stand. Individual is also required to talk and hear multiple relevant conversations simultaneously.
Individual must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Specific vision ability required by this job includes the ability to adjust focus.
Decision making skills
Exhibits sound and accurate judgement
Able to read, analyze, and interpret documents; able to respond effectively to inquiries or complaints.
Must have the ability to generate reports, presentations, write detailed and complex correspondence and articles using original or innovative techniques and /or style.
Must be able to work with basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division and to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Transfer Center Director
Interrelationships: Transfer Center Leadership team
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled