Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical professionals and leaders!
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The Transport EMT B Responds to emergency and non-emergency calls and delivers high quality patient care and customer service within the prescribed scope of practice, established protocols and company policies. The position will also provide direct patient care in accordance with company protocols and/or online medical direction. Assists with the coverage of open shifts as needed in the assigned area.
• Maintains thorough familiarity with treatment protocols, response requirements and quality assurance procedures in the EMS system in which assigned.
• Maintains an awareness of all changes in the system components and company policy.
• Continuously maintains the level and type of certification(s) consistent with performing tasks in the system to which assigned.
• Complies with all state and company requirements for operation of motor vehicle.
• Operates a company vehicle in accordance with company policy and safe practices.
• Develops the ability to quickly and safely locate addresses through knowledge of number systems and street layouts.
• Ensures that the unit remains in a state of readiness in terms of mechanical reliability, medical supply and equipment, cleanliness and appearance standards.
• Reports immediately to the Lead Paramedic any discrepancies in vehicle or equipment standards that could compromise the unit’s ability to complete a call.
• Completes all appropriate documentation as outlined in company policy.
• Reports all problems and unusual occurrences immediately to the Lead Paramedic, Supervisor, or Operations.
• Maintains a professional appearance by adhering to hygiene and uniform standards.
• Attends all mandatory in-services.
• Maintains a cooperative working relationship with allied health and public safety personnel.
• Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient assessment and treatment as applicable to system or operations which assigned.
• Maintains complete and accurate documentation of patient statistical and billing information and services rendered.
• Adheres to medical treatment protocol.
• Uses/operates appropriate communications equipment, medical equipment, cleaning equipment, office equipment and tools.
• Appropriately uses medical equipment such as gurney, airway equipment/airway bag, IV, splints, bandages and medications in rendering proper emergency medical treatment to patients.
• Reads road maps, drives vehicles, and accurately discerns street signs/address numbers.
• Reads medication/prescription labels and directions for usage in quick, accurate and in an expedient manner.
• Communicates verbally with patients and significant others in various environments to interview the patient, family members and bystanders,
• Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
• Converses with dispatcher and EMS providers via phone or radio as to status of patient.
• Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
• Adhere to and compliance with information systems security and policies.
• HS Diploma or equivalent.
• Emergency Medical Technician training and certification as required by State or County to which assigned.
• Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS/CPR) certification for all EMT levels.
• State Driver’s License.
• Driving record in compliance with AMR safety and driving record.
• Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired. | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Occasionally: Works with others, extended day.
• Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
• Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
• Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
• Must be able to use solid problem solving skills.
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
• Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
• One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
• Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
• Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
• Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
• Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Lead Paramedic/Station MGT
If your passion is helping to build a better tomorrow in the EMS community, apply today!